Job Description: Cleaning Operative
Location: Norton Garden Centre
Working Pattern: Week 1: 3 weekdays
Week 2: 2 weekdays plus weekend
(8am start for 1.5/2 hours per day)
We are currently looking for an experienced Cleaning Operative, someone with high standards, a good work ethic and a good level of flexibility.
- General cleaning and upkeep of the garden centre and restaurant toilets.
- To follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning rotas and duties.
- To maintain the upkeep of the staff areas to include the staff room and toilets
- Understanding of COSHH and the use of the company chemicals, and use to set standard
- To report any maintenance issues to the relevant management.
- Waste management in the staff and toilet areas.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good Communicator
- Good Team Player
- Flexible with working hours due to the nature of the business
- Health and Safety Conscious
- The position will require some heavy lifting
Salary and Company Benefits:
- Starting salary exceeds age related minimum wage up to £8.80 per hour
- 28 days annual leave including paid Bank Holidays, pro-rata basis for part-time employees.
- Uniform and safety shoes will be provided.
- Discounted rates on food and drink in our restaurant.
- In store staff discount after 3 months
We are an independently owned company who understand that it is the staff who make the business successful. If you would like to be part of our continued success, please complete an application form available at the garden centre tills or email your C.V to [email protected] or fill out an online application form found on our website.