Welcome to Norton Garden Centre
Welcome to Norton Garden Centre, a family owned and run independent garden centre. Come and see us for a great selection of seasonal plants, gardening products, gifts and furniture, as well as trained and friendly staff who are always on hand to help. We hope to see you soon.
Weeds, so the saying goes, are just plants in the wrong place. The trouble is, there are so many of them. However much you might think dandelions are pretty, or ground elder has elegant leaves, if you stop to admire them too long you (and your plants) will quickly be overrun.
You'll pro…Read more
- Slugs and snails are back in top spot as the most-hated pest 29 March 2017
- It’s the perfect time to lay new lawns right now 27 March 2017
- Plant your new potatoes now 24 March 2017
- Sow beetroot for delicious early crops within a few weeks’ time 17 March 2017
- Plant Asiatic lilies now 15 March 2017
Give alpine plants on the rockery ; especially spring-flowering types ; a top-dressing of grit. Choose a type of grit that looks appropriate to the colour of the rock on your rockery. A ‘mulch' of grit will show off the plants' diminutive blooms. And to stop mud splashing up on to the leaves, flowers and stems, and possible causing plants to rot, make sure you tuck some grit under and around the plants.