Welcome to Norton Garden Centre
Welcome to Norton Garden Centre, a family owned and run independent garden centre. Come and see us for a great selection of seasonal plants, gardening products, gifts and furniture, as well as trained and friendly staff who are always on hand to help. We hope to see you soon.
You don't need to have masses of space to enjoy the beauty and movement of a water feature. Even if all you've got is a patio in Gloucester, you can still have a pond: just build one in a half-barrel container.
You'll find rustic half-barrels available year-round at our garden centre. O…Read more
- What to do in the garden in December 5 December 2016
- A new pop-up ‘White Garden’ at Kensington Palace is to pay tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales 2 December 2016
- DECEMBER – HTA PLANT OF THE MOMENT FESTIVE FAVOURITES – HTA THE HOLLY AND THE IVY 1 December 2016
- Ambassadors for gardening are setting out to enthuse a new generation 30 November 2016
- The National Allotment Society (NAS) says it is ‘very disappointed’ 28 November 2016
Pinch out sweetpeas
Pinch out the tips of overwintering sweetpea seedlings at about 10cm high. It may seem harsh, but it's in their best interests: if you leave the main leader to grow, you'll get lots of leafy upward growth but few flowers, but by taking the strong top shoot out you'll encourage plenty of flowering sideshoots instead.